You can have Moroccan Couscous using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moroccan Couscous
- It’s 1 kg of couscous.
- You need 1 kg of meat, cut into medium pieces.
- It’s 500 g of turnips, cut into quarters.
- It’s 500 g of carrots, cut into thick slices.
- You need 500 g of zucchinis, cut into thick slices.
- You need 1 cup of chickpeas, soaked in water overnight or equal to 150 g.
- It’s 2 of onions, chopped.
- You need 200 g of butter, cubed.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of saffron.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1 of dried coriander.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Prepare of salt to taste.
- Prepare of black pepper to taste.
Moroccan Couscous step by step
- Place the couscous in a bowl and pour a little bit of warm salted water over it. Mix and use a fork to separate the grains. Strain the couscous and place it in a steamer that fits in the pan used for the meat. If you do not have a steamer, you can use a strainer instead, but make sure that it fits on top of the saucepan..
- Place the meat pieces in a saucepan and cover it with 5 liters of water. Then add in the onions, saffron, paprika, salt, black pepper and chickpeas. Bring to a boil then simmer over low heat for an hour..
- While cooking the meat, place the steamer inside the saucepan. When the steam begins to rise from the couscous remove the steamer and return the couscous to the bowl. Set aside..
- After one hour of cooking the meat, add in the turnips and carrots and simmer for 15 minutes. Then add in the zucchinis and coriander..
- Put the couscous again in the steamer and place it inside the saucepan. Cook for 45 minutes..
- When the couscous is cooked turn off the heat..
- Place the couscous in a serving dish and stir in the butter. Remove the meat and vegetables from the broth..
- Make a hole in the middle of the couscous and place the meat and vegetables inside. Pour the broth in a deep serving bowl..
- To serve, place the couscous on individual plates and put the stew on top. Pour the meat broth over..