Lemon Herb Couscous With Grilled Pork Chops.
You can have Lemon Herb Couscous With Grilled Pork Chops using 12 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Herb Couscous With Grilled Pork Chops
- Prepare of couscous.
- It’s 1/3 cup of dried couscous.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of boiling chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced / 1/2 onion, small diced, 1 teaspoon oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parsley, measured before chopped.
- You need 1 of lemon, zest and juice.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of pork.
- Prepare 2 of boneless pork chops, I used ones that were 2" thick..
- It’s 1 of canola oil to brush on grill pan..
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 oz of crumbled feta cheese.
Lemon Herb Couscous With Grilled Pork Chops instructions
- In a pot on medium heat , saute onions and garlic until onions become translucent, about 4 minutes..
- In a small pot bring chicken stock to a boil. Remove from heat..
- Add couscous, lemon zest, juice, salt, parsley to onion, garlic mix..
- Add boiling chicken broth, cover and remove from heat..
- Couscous takes 5 minutes sitting covered in pan to cook and absorb liquid..
- Take a grill pan, I use a cast iron, brush with oil and heat it up on medium heat..
- For best grilling results, let pork chops come to room temperature, pat off any liquid with paper towel, then season both sides with salt and pepper to your liking..
- I did a simple seasoning to let pork flavor shine and enjoy the flavors of the couscous..
- In hot grill pan, place chops on their sides, grilling for 3 minutes on each side..
- After sides are grilled, place chop flat on grill and grill for 3 minutes each side..
- Then turn chops to grill across the lines of grill plate, this gives you a cross hatch grill pattern. Plus chops are so thick they need the extra cooking time..
- Take chops off grill and let rest 5 minutes..
- Meanwhile, take a fork and fluff up the couscous as it clumps when absorbing liquid..
- Plate chops, couscous and sprinkle crumbled feta on top..
- Recipe by taylor68too..