Applewood-Berry BBQ Chicken Bowl. We grilled the chicken for these bbq chicken bowls and served them with a delicious slaw and some black beans and GRILLED corn. This bowl is the perfect combination of warm + cold and also has the perfect balance of textures. Trust us, after you make this recipe for.
Cut apples in quarters and core. Slice the apples and onion and stir into the canned beans. Top beans with skinless chicken breasts placed bone-side down on the beans. You can have Applewood-Berry BBQ Chicken Bowl using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Applewood-Berry BBQ Chicken Bowl
- Prepare 3 of boneless, skinless chicken breast; medium dice.
- It’s 1/4 C of applewood seasoning.
- Prepare 4 strips of bacon.
- It’s 1 C of Sweet Baby Rays Hawaiian BBQ sauce.
- You need 1/2 C of berry juice.
- You need 1 of yellow bell pepper; thick julienne.
- You need 1 of red onion; thick julienne.
- You need 2 lb of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic.
- You need 1.5 stick of butter.
- Prepare 2/3 C of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 C of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/2 bundle of cilantro.
- It’s 1 of lime.
- It’s 1 of avocado; thick julienne & halved.
- You need 2 of scallions.
- It’s 1 t of ground coriander seed.
- You need of Kosher salt & black pepper; as needed.
Mix together ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mustard and hot sauce in a bowl. Bonus, this saucy BBQ chicken is great leftover for lunch. Pile it high onto your favorite toasted bun for a yummy BBQ chicken While I like to serve this BBQ chicken bowl style, it's equally delicious piled onto your favorite toasted bun. Top with slaw, and make it.
Applewood-Berry BBQ Chicken Bowl step by step
- Lay bacon on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for approximately 25 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Pat dry with paper towels. Cut bacon into baton-like strips, or a large dice.
- Cover potatoes and garlic cloves with cold, salted water and boil until potatoes are easily pierced with a paring knife. Drain. Return to pot and blast heat to high for 30 seconds while shaking pot to remove excess moisture from potatoes..
- Add butter, cheese, cilantro, cream, lime, salt, and black pepper to potatoes. Mash or whip with mixer..
- Drain bacon fat into a large, tall saute pan. Add chicken, bell pepper, and onions. Season with applewood seasoning, ground coriander seed, salt, and black pepper. Saute 2-3 minutes, or until chicken is 80% cooked..
- Add berry juice. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook approximately 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked..
- Add bbq sauce. Stir. Simmer 1-2 minutes to warm sauce. Do not boil..
- Garnish with crispy bacon, avocado, and scallions..
- Variations Grilled avocado/tomatoes/bell peppers/scallions, guacamole, tomato-garlic confit, ranch, bleu cheese, goat cheese, lemon, horseradish, vinegar, tamarind, shallots, habanero, celery, carrots, mint, roasted garlic, rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano, zucchini, grilled sweet corn, sofrito, beer, tequila, bourbon, vodka, rum, gin, brandy, pecans, walnuts, honey, coconut, chipotle, ancho chile, serrano, poblano, celery seed, worchestershire, H1, paprika, mushrooms, orange zest, white pepper, pearl onions, cayenne, caramelized onions, cotija, queso fresco, chihuahua cheese, parmesean, olives, greens, caramelized garlic,.
One of my favorite things to smoke is chicken. It's much less labor and time intensive then a smoked pork or brisket and it's still delicious. In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Add both kinds of cabbage and carrots to the bowl. And these BBQ Chicken Burrito Bowls do just that!