Miso Butter Corn with Togarashi and Furikake. Miso butter corn with Japanese toppings. This corn is strangely familiar yet completely different. It's a delicious hybrid of Mexican and Japanese flavors perfect for summer!
Corn slathered in miso butter is special enough, so you're within your rights to ignore any other ingredients in this recipe But for lovers of spice, the Japanese Slather hot corn with miso butter. Sprinkle with chives and shichimi togarashi, and serve with lime wedges alongside for squeezing. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly! You can cook Miso Butter Corn with Togarashi and Furikake using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Miso Butter Corn with Togarashi and Furikake
- It’s 5 ears of corn.
- It’s 950 ml of water.
- You need 3 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare of Miso Butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red miso.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Toppings.
- It’s of Cotjia cheese.
- Prepare of Ichimi togarashi.
- Prepare of Furikake.
It uses miso, togarashi, radish, butter, rice vinegar, vegetable oil. The Best Shichimi Togarashi Recipes on Yummly Shichimi Togarashi Pop, Pop, Popcorn!!!!, Grilled Shishito Peppers With Shichimi Togarashi, Lotus Root Chips With Shichimi Togarashi. olive oil, honey, butter, corn kernels, shichimi togarashi. Here you can find out how to prepare delicious, grilled corn with tender miso butter.
Miso Butter Corn with Togarashi and Furikake step by step
- In a large stock pot, bring 6 quarts of water and 3 Tbsp of kosher salt to a boil.
- Remove any damaged or discolored outer husks of corn. Peel the husks down to the base of the corn, but do not detach from the cob. Remove the silk around the corn..
- Pull the husks back up over the corn and tie the ends together using kitchen string..
- Gently place corn in the boiling salted water. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove corn from water, drain, and let sit for a couple minutes before opening (corn will be very hot)..
- Peel back the husks and use it as a handle. At this point you can season the corn with toppings or place on a grill to mark. Spread miso butter all over corn. Sprinkle cotija cheese, togarashi, and furikake all over corn. Enjoy immediately!.
- Miso Butter: In a small bowl, cream softened butter. Add miso and salt. Stir together. Let sit for at least 10 minutes to allow flavors to meld together. Add additional salt depending on saltiness of miso used. Spread over cooked corn..
Our recent favorite corn recipe is Grilled Corn with Miso Butter using Hikari Miso's Organic Saikyo Sweet Miso. They will be pleasantly surprised when they taste these wonderful flavors for the first time! To get the Grilled Corn with Miso Butter recipe, click here over at the Hikari Miso's website! He tosses the corn in a sweet, umami-packed, tamari-browned butter and tops it with house-made furikake (Japanese rice seasoning), bonito flakes (fermented, dried and smoked tuna) and fresh lemon balm "The lemon balm gives a bright acidity and the bonito and furikake has deep umami flavours. Mix butter and miso in a small bowl.